Saturday, October 8, 2011

Art of Tube, Corisc in Berlin designs recycled rubber into fashion

When I went to Berlin in the winter of 2009, I stayed in a shabby little hostel in Friedrichshrain, I did alot of walking around the neighborhood and came upon this minimal tailor/boutique shop called Corisc. The mannequin in the window adorned in rubber got my attention. They sell a variety of  rubber adornments including hats, body, wrist and neck ware. It was closed most of the time, but I managed to catch them open and bought the great rubber tie you see below and included a pic of the piggy nun and vixen as well. The woman was very nice and explained to me that her husband worked in tires and they constructed these amazing fashions out of recycled tires, I was amazed and took an instant liking to her, they were off to see Marc Almond in concert that night, it couldn't have gotten better! Now that I have this blahg, I wanted to feature them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment